Monday, June 27, 2011

Looking for a new home and other stuff

WE ARE LOOKING FOR A FAMILY!!!!!    One of our clients decided that they didn’t want their service dog any longer (that is still in training).  So, unfortunately we have a dog here that is available for adoption.  This dog is an approx. 9 month old St. Bernard/Blue Heeler mix.  This dog is NOT going to be the size of a St. Bernard.  In fact, the dog may only manage to be 40 – 45# when he is fully grown.  This dog may also not make it through public access certification so may be a wonderful house pet, or would be WONDERFUL for a child on the spectrum for therapy at home.  This dog is PERFECT with children.  If you know of anyone interested please have them e-mail me or call me immediately. 

My e-mail address again is: vpingel@compassionatepaws.org and my phone is 920-225-9984.  This dog is available on a first come – first serve basis and depending on the specific needs of the individual (if going as an therapy/assistance dog) may still require some time in training but would be ready within the next couple of months.  If going as a pet or in-home therapy dog is possible that he could be ready a lot sooner.  Again, below is my attempt at attaching a photo.

Here is a photo of a VERY similar puppy





SHOCKING, I KNOW.  Looks like I am having some issues attaching the correct photo to this blog, but if anyone is interested or knows of anyone interested in the puppy...again, let me know.   UGH!!!!!!  My computer wants to attach a DIFFERENT clients dog (so sorry if you are seeing your puppy on here.  Your puppy is just fine).  The puppy looks exactly like this just has a little bit of red tint on his nose otherwise the markings are pretty much the same...in fact, exactly alike. 

Over the weekend we integrated all the dogs together.  This means that Harley, Minnie, Omega and Congo are now playing with the BIG dogs.  Integrating 1 dog into the pack is time consuming...integrating 4 puppies into the pack is no small task.  YES, it took 2 solid days of doing it but we managed and everyone seems to be getting along very good.  There were a little tiffs here and there, but nothing compared to what it could have been.

We also re-connected our electric fence.  We have an electric line that runs along the bottom of the fence to discourage the dogs from trying to dig out of the dog yard.  The dogs love to dig and it was going to be another "great escape" attempt if not done quickly.  Some of the dogs have felt the effects of the electric fence and please understand this fence is MEANT for small animal such as dog.  We didn’t not hook up a electric cattle fence (at least not yet – hahaha). 

Other than that I would like to welcome Beth, Dave and Candice to our list of trainers.  At times some of the dogs will be going through training at their homes and with their children.  These are all people that have been approved to work with me and assist in training.  TO MAKE THIS VERY WELL UNDERSTOOD and because we have had some issues with this rather recently...these people are volunteers that are working with me.  We will always respect them the way that we wish to be respected in return.  I will not allow and take it very personally when mutual respect is not observed.  These people are very well educated in what they do and should be considered an honor to work with them.  I am very grateful that I have them helping me out. 

3 comments:

  1. I may know of some people who might be interested in the puppy, so sorry to hear he wont work out with his intended family! I will contact you asap if I can find something out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you have a bit of help! Nice to have you in blogger land!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Michelle I have NO idea what I am doing. LOL

    ReplyDelete