Monday, October 3, 2011

I'm Back!!!!!!

So, it has been a while since I have written anything on here and have been reminded of that by some WONDERFUL clients :).  It has been extremely busy.  August we traveled to California to do a placement and that went really good while we were there, but since we got back and in the weeks between now and then the family sent us back a dog that was starved and abused.  They didn't do what was instructed of them and therefore the placement didn't work...and we got back a broken dog.  September we managed to do 2 placements.  Both of them went very nicely and I think will be highly successful.

Since the last post (I think it was July sometime) Loren (my husband) has come on full time with us as well.   THAT has been a blessing in disguise!!!!  And that is to say it mildly.  He is wonderful working with the dogs and gives them the aspect of a man giving commands so that it isn't always the females that the dogs pay most attention to.  He works with them for a while outside then he brings them into the house for me to work with for a while (while I am doing computer/phone work) and then we have group training time in the dog yard after that.  It is working so nicely and I am happy to have him working with us.

Other than that, nothing really new to post.  There are so many up and coming changes that are taking place and for the good.  I am working on and will HOPEFULLY be able to get our first edition of our newsletter out this week.  Just working on some finishing touches with that.  I am starting to create a nice database of people just wanting to "follow" us which is really important as well.  Things are just really going in the right direction. 

This month I don't have ANY placements (not sure what I am going to do with myself cuz I am so used to doing placements).  In November I have 2 set up and will have 1 in December.  So it will be a very busy rest of the year here. 

So for now, keep an eye out for the newsletter - it will be e-mailed to everyone.  If you see something that you would like to see changed (let me know) or if it isn't quite right, remember.......I am a dog trainer, not a computer person so I have not much idea how to do these things....I am learning as I go along.

Hope everyone has a nice week and I am going to make it a habit to do the blog on a more frequent basis, but if not (at least weekly) bug me about it....that usually helps.  LOL

Vicki

No comments:

Post a Comment